Windows 8.1 Pro or other operating systems available
Get the job done fast
- Cross items off your to-do list fast. Achieve massive computational performance with a single processor personal workstation delivering support for up to 8 cores of processing power. Add in powerful graphics and performance features like optional Thunderbolt™ 23, HP Z Turbo Drive4, and HP Remote Graphics Software, and you get a world-class workstation experience that never slows you down.
Customize it to grow with you
- When your job requires more, the HP Z440 Workstation, with its sleek 4U form factor, tool-less design, and built in handles make it simple to expand. Easily configure memory, storage, graphics, and more to suit your needs.
Position for the future
- Protect your investment and make downtime a thing of the past. Get no-compromise reliability and a standard 3/3/3 limited warranty from the HP Z440 Workstation.
Primed to perform
- Achieve the performance you need with next generation Intel® Xeon® processors for up to 8 processor cores in one system.
- Get serious about graphics and reach peak productivity with access to a breadth of AMD professional graphics from entry to high-end 3D.
See everything clearly
- Take productivity up a notch with the ability to do more thanks to NVIDIA professional graphics cards in 2D or 3D.
- Maximize your time and increase your capabilities with USB and SATA ports, plus lightning-fast data transfers using optional Thunderbolt™ 2 technology.
A chassis that meets any challenge
- A brand new tool-free chassis boasts low acoustics, single integrated Gb Ethernet and more.
Set a new performance curve for your HP Z440
- Reduce boot up, calculation, and graphics response and revolutionize how your HP Z440 handles large files with the HP Z Turbo Drive, a remarkably fast and innovative storage solution.
More power to you
- You’ll never run out of juice with the 700W Power Supply with two power cables for high-power professional graphics.
See every angle
- Take multitasking to a new level with support for up to eight displays.
Your personal system engineer
- Optimize this HP Z440 for peak performance. HP Performance Advisor6 configures your system with updated settings and drivers to help maximize performance.
|Processor frequency||2.8 GHz|
|Processor family||Intel Xeon E5 v3|
|Number of processors installed||1|
|Processor socket||LGA 2011-v3|
|Processor cache||10 MB|
|Processor cache type||Smart Cache|
|PCI Express slots version||3.0|
|Processor lithography||22 nm|
|Processor operating modes||64-bit|
|Thermal Design Power (TDP)||140 W|
|Maximum number of PCI Express lanes||40|
|PCI Express configurations||x4, x8, x16|
|Maximum internal memory supported by processor||768 GB|
|Conflict Free processor|
|Memory types supported by processor||DDR4-SDRAM|
|Memory clock speeds supported by processor||1333,1600,1866 MHz|
|Memory bandwidth supported by processor (max)||59 GB/s|
|Memory channels supported by processor||Quad|
|ECC supported by processor|
|Internal memory||8 GB|
|Internal memory type||DDR4-SDRAM|
|Maximum internal memory||128 GB|
|Memory layout (slots x size)||1 x 8 GB|
|Memory slots||8x DIMM|
|Memory clock speed||2133 MHz|
|Total storage capacity||1000 GB|
|Card reader integrated|
|Number of hard drives installed||1|
|Hard drive capacity||1000 GB|
|Hard drive interface||Serial ATA|
|Hard drive speed||7200 RPM|
|Optical drive type||DVD Super Multi|
|Optical drives quantity||1|
|Discrete graphics adapter model||Not available|
|Operating system installed||Windows 7 Professional|
|Operating system architecture||64-bit|
|Recovery operating system||Windows 8.1 Pro|
|Ethernet LAN data rates||10,100,1000 Mbit/s|
Ports & interfaces
|USB 2.0 ports quantity||5|
|USB 3.0 (3.1 Gen 1) Type-A ports quantity||4|
|Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports||1|
|PS/2 ports quantity||2|
|PCI Express x1 slots||1|
|PCI Express x4 slots||1|
|PCI Express x8 slots||1|
|PCI Express x16 slots||2|
|Colour of product||Black|
|Chassis type||Mini Tower|
|Water cooling system|
|Motherboard chipset||Intel C612|
Processor special features
|Intel® vPro™ Technology|
|Intel® Wireless Display (Intel® WiDi)|
|Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology|
|Embedded options available|
|Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology|
|Intel® Clear Video HD Technology (Intel® CVT HD)|
|Intel Clear Video Technology|
|Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)|
|Thermal Monitoring Technologies|
|Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI)|
|Intel® Secure Key|
|Intel® OS Guard|
|Intel Trusted Execution Technology|
|Execute Disable Bit|
|Intel FDI Technology|
|Intel Flex Memory Access|
|Intel Fast Memory Access|
|Intel® Smart Cache|
|Intel Enhanced Halt State|
|Intel Demand Based Switching|
|Intel® Clear Video Technology for Mobile Internet Devices (Intel CVT for MID)|
|Processor package size||52.5|
|Supported instruction sets||AVX|
|Physical Address Extension (PAE)||46 bit|
|CPU configuration (max)||1|
|Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)|
|Intel Identity Protection Technology version||1.00|
|Intel Secure Key Technology version||1.00|
|Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x)|
|Intel TSX-NI version||0.00|
|Intel Dual Display Capable Technology|
|Intel Rapid Storage Technology|
|Processor ARK ID||82761|
|Intel® Turbo Boost Technology|
|Intel® Hyper Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology)|
|Intel® Quick Sync Video Technology|
|Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT)|
|Intel® Identity Protection Technology (Intel® IPT)|
|Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT)|
|Power supply||700 W|
Weight & dimensions
|Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT)||VT-x|
This item has been on display or used for demonstration purposes only. It has been thoroughly checked by qualified engineers for any marks, scuffs or defects and has been certified to be in absolute mint condition.
The unit comes with all original packaging and accessories. The original box will have been opened and resealed but everything is otherwise exactly the same as a new package and the unit itself is immaculate.
Click on the Google Rating symbol below to read what our previous customers have to say about their experience with Ex Demo Hut
Mainland UK: We pay the delivery costs on all orders over £100 within mainland UK. Orders under £100.00 will incur a £7.95 delivery charge. Delivery within mainland UK is normally next working day from date of dispatch however larger or more fragile items may require special delivery arrangements and take slightly longer. We will contact you to arrange the most convenient delivery option in these cases.
Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland: Flat rate delivery fee of £12.95 for regular parcel orders over £100 to anywhere in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland. Larger or more fragile items may require special delivery arrangements and take slightly longer. We will contact you to arrange the most convenient delivery option in these cases.
France/Germany/Netherlands: Flat rate delivery fee of £16.95 for orders over £100. Larger or more fragile items may require special delivery arrangements and take slightly longer. We will contact you to arrange the most convenient delivery option in these cases.
Rest of Europe/America: Please contact us for a quote.
Alternative Address Delivery: We can ship your order to an alternative address to the invoice / billing address (pending security check clearance).
Shipping Information: Subject to stocks and cleared funds, all orders will be dispatched within 24 hours, normally same day if ordered before 11.30a.m.
Weekend / Bank Holidays: There are NO deliveries on Bank/Public Holidays. A Saturday delivery option is available on most orders but does incur an extra delivery charge, please contact us for details.