Windows 8.1 Pro or other operating systems available
Configurations for today and tomorrow.
- Meet your needs and your budget with a reasonably priced business desktop with optional bundled displays ready for expansion and upgrades.
Designed with work in mind.
- The newly designed HP ProDesk 400 G2 MT provides easy access to components through the tool-less chassis, front USB 3.0 ports for quick connections and support for legacy ports to support your business.
Perform at the speed of work.
- Enjoy the business ready performance of the 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors3 equipped with a powerful chipset, processor support and robust memory.
Safeguard data and devices.
- Help keep sensitive data secure with comprehensive security features like HP Client Security4 and HP BIOS Protection.
- Guard your data, device and identity with HP Client Security.
- HP BIOS Protection’s5 automated recovery restores a copy of the BIOS from a partition on the hard drive if crisis strikes.
- Rest easy with a ProDesk that endures 115,000 hours of testing to help ensure reliability in the most demanding work environments.
- Rest easy and work confidently with dependable support options including a parts/labor/on-site limited warranty6 and parts availability for up to 5 years.
- Optional HP Care Pack with Accidental Damage Protection helps you avoid out-of-pocket repair or replacement costs and delivers service right to your door.
- Relax. You’re backed by expert support when you extend and expand beyond your standard limited warranty with optional HP Care Packs.
- Easily share your internet connection with devices or colleagues to get productive fast.8
- Start up in an instant, quickly switch between applications, and manage files with the quick and fluid Windows 8.1.
|Processor frequency||3.6 GHz|
|Processor family||Intel Core i3-4xxx|
|Number of processors installed||1|
|Processor socket||Socket H3 (LGA 1150)|
|Processor cache||3 MB|
|Processor cache type||Smart Cache|
|System bus rate||5 GT/s|
|PCI Express slots version||3.0|
|Processor lithography||22 nm|
|Processor operating modes||64-bit|
|Thermal Design Power (TDP)||54 W|
|Processor series||Intel Core i3-4100 Desktop series|
|Maximum number of PCI Express lanes||16|
|PCI Express configurations||1x16,2x8,1x8+2x4|
|Maximum internal memory supported by processor||32 GB|
|Conflict Free processor|
|Memory types supported by processor||DDR3-SDRAM|
|Memory clock speeds supported by processor||1333,1600 MHz|
|Memory bandwidth supported by processor (max)||25.6 GB/s|
|Memory channels supported by processor||Dual|
|ECC supported by processor|
|Internal memory||4 GB|
|Internal memory type||DDR3-SDRAM|
|Maximum internal memory||16 GB|
|Memory layout (slots x size)||1 x 4 GB|
|Memory slots||2x DIMM|
|Memory clock speed||1600 MHz|
|Total storage capacity||500 GB|
|Card reader integrated|
|Number of hard drives installed||1|
|Hard drive capacity||500 GB|
|Hard drive interface||Serial ATA|
|Hard drive speed||7200 RPM|
|Optical drive type||DVD Super Multi|
|Optical drives quantity||1|
|BD interface type||SATA|
|On-board graphics adapter|
|Discrete graphics adapter model||Not available|
|On-board graphics adapter model||Intel® HD Graphics 4400|
|On-board graphics adapter family||Intel® HD Graphics|
|On-board graphics adapter base frequency||350 MHz|
|On-board graphics adapter dynamic frequency (max)||1150 MHz|
|Maximum on-board graphics adapter memory||1.7 GB|
|Number of displays supported (on-board graphics)||3|
|On-board graphics adapter DirectX version||11.1|
|On-board graphics adapter ID||0x41E|
|Operating system installed||Windows 7 Professional|
|Operating system architecture||64-bit|
|Recovery operating system||Windows 8.1 Pro|
|Ethernet LAN data rates||10,100,1000 Mbit/s|
|Wi-Fi standards||Not supported|
Ports & interfaces
|USB 2.0 ports quantity||4|
|USB 3.0 (3.1 Gen 1) Type-A ports quantity||2|
|VGA (D-Sub) ports quantity||1|
|Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports||1|
|PS/2 ports quantity||2|
|S/PDIF out port|
|Serial ports quantity||1|
|Combo headphone/mic port|
|PCI Express x1 slots||3|
|PCI Express x16 slots||1|
|Colour of product||Black|
|Chassis type||Micro Tower|
|Intel segment tagging||Enterprise, Small Business|
|Motherboard chipset||Intel H81|
|Audio system||DTS Sound+|
Processor special features
|Intel® vPro™ Technology|
|Intel® Small Business Advantage (Intel® SBA)|
|Intel® Wireless Display (Intel® WiDi)|
|Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology|
|Embedded options available|
|Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology|
|Intel® Clear Video HD Technology (Intel® CVT HD)|
|Intel Clear Video Technology|
|Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)|
|Thermal Monitoring Technologies|
|Intel Stable Image Platform Program (SIPP)|
|Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI)|
|Intel® Secure Key|
|Intel Trusted Execution Technology|
|Execute Disable Bit|
|Intel FDI Technology|
|Intel Flex Memory Access|
|Intel Fast Memory Access|
|Intel® Smart Cache|
|Intel Enhanced Halt State|
|Intel Demand Based Switching|
|Intel® Clear Video Technology for Mobile Internet Devices (Intel CVT for MID)|
|Processor package size||37.5|
|Supported instruction sets||AVX 2.0,SSE4.1,SSE4.2|
|CPU configuration (max)||1|
|Graphics & IMC lithography||22 nm|
|Thermal solution specification||PCG 2013C|
|Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)|
|Intel Stable Image Platform Program (SIPP) version||0.00|
|Intel Secure Key Technology version||1.00|
|Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x)|
|Intel Small Business Advantage (SBA) version||1.00|
|Intel TSX-NI version||0.00|
|Intel Dual Display Capable Technology|
|Intel Rapid Storage Technology|
|Processor ARK ID||77488|
|Intel® Smart Response Technology|
|Intel® Turbo Boost Technology|
|Intel® Hyper Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology)|
|Intel® Quick Sync Video Technology|
|Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT)|
|Intel® Identity Protection Technology (Intel® IPT)|
|Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT)|
|Power supply||180 W|
Weight & dimensions
|Energy Star certified|
Mainland UK: We pay the delivery costs on all orders over £100 within mainland UK. Orders under £100.00 will incur a £7.95 delivery charge. Delivery within mainland UK is normally next working day from date of dispatch however larger or more fragile items may require special delivery arrangements and take slightly longer. We will contact you to arrange the most convenient delivery option in these cases.
Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland: Flat rate delivery fee of £12.95 for regular parcel orders over £100 to anywhere in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland. Larger or more fragile items may require special delivery arrangements and take slightly longer. We will contact you to arrange the most convenient delivery option in these cases.
France/Germany/Netherlands: Flat rate delivery fee of £16.95 for orders over £100. Larger or more fragile items may require special delivery arrangements and take slightly longer. We will contact you to arrange the most convenient delivery option in these cases.
Rest of Europe/America: Please contact us for a quote.
Alternative Address Delivery: We can ship your order to an alternative address to the invoice / billing address (pending security check clearance).
Shipping Information: Subject to stocks and cleared funds, all orders will be dispatched within 24 hours, normally same day if ordered before 11.30a.m.
Weekend / Bank Holidays: There are NO deliveries on Bank/Public Holidays. A Saturday delivery option is available on most orders but does incur an extra delivery charge, please contact us for details.