Carry less. Do more.
- At just 15.9mm thin, it’s our thinnest EliteBook yet. Choose between a 3mm HD or FHD display with all the mobility you’d expect from an Ultrabook.™
- Engage in videoconferences, web-based trainings or streaming videos with smooth audio quality, thanks to DTS Studio Sound and your notebook speakers.
- Get more done in low light and worry less over minor accidental spills with the backlit spill- resistant keyboard.
Security you can depend on.
- HP Sure Start restores productivity and reduces IT help desk calls in the event of a BIOS attack or corruption.
- Keep productivity high and downtime low with the automated features of HP BIOSphere.
- Safeguard data, devices and identities with HP’s hassle-free Client Security portfolio, including HP Drive Encryption, HP Device Access Manager with Just in Time Authentication, and HP Secure Erase.
- HP Trust Circles protects your data by ensuring that only approved contacts can access critical files.
- A fingerprint reader and integrated Smart Card Reader help keep your identity secure.
- Get going in seconds with a solid-state drive. Enjoy the responsiveness of 4th generation Intel® Dual-Core™ processors.
- Access the Internet and email in more places with optional integrated HP Mobile Broadband featuring 3G and 4G LTE.
- Use the optional HP UltraSlim Side Docking Station to connect to accessories and printers without the hassle of connecting individual components.
- Enjoy HP’s new multi-gesture touchpad that allows you to use similar gestures as you would on a smart phone or tablet.
Durable and dependable
- The HP EliteBook Folio 1040 passes MIL-STD 810G testing for drop, functional shock, vibration, dust, humidity, altitude, high and low temperature and temperature shock.
|Colour of product||Silver|
|Intel segment tagging||Enterprise, Small Business|
|Processor frequency||1.6 GHz|
|Processor family||Intel Core i5-4xxx|
|Processor boost frequency||2.6 GHz|
|Processor cache||3 MB|
|Processor cache type||Smart Cache|
|Motherboard chipset||Intel QM87|
|Processor lithography||22 nm|
|Processor operating modes||64-bit|
|Thermal Design Power (TDP)||15 W|
|Processor series||Intel Core i5-4200 Mobile series|
|Maximum number of PCI Express lanes||12|
|PCI Express slots version||2.0|
|PCI Express configurations||1x4,2x4|
|Conflict Free processor|
|ECC supported by processor|
|Internal memory||4 GB|
|Internal memory type||DDR3-SDRAM|
|Memory clock speed||1600 MHz|
|Memory layout (slots x size)||1 x 4 GB|
|Memory slots||1x SO-DIMM|
|Total storage capacity||128 GB|
|Card reader integrated|
|Number of SSDs installed||1|
|Solid-state drive capacity||128 GB|
|Solid-state drive interface||Serial ATA|
|Compatible memory cards||MicroSD (TransFlash)|
|Display diagonal||35.6 cm (14")|
|Display resolution||1600 x 900 pixels|
|On-board graphics adapter|
|Discrete graphics adapter|
|On-board graphics adapter model||Intel® HD Graphics 4400|
|Discrete graphics adapter model||Not available|
|On-board graphics adapter family||Intel® HD Graphics|
|On-board graphics adapter base frequency||200 MHz|
|On-board graphics adapter dynamic frequency (max)||1000 MHz|
|Maximum on-board graphics adapter memory||1.74 GB|
|Number of displays supported (on-board graphics)||3|
|On-board graphics adapter DirectX version||12|
|On-board graphics adapter ID||0xA16|
|Optical drive type|
|Audio system||DTS Studio Sound|
|Number of built-in speakers||2|
|Ethernet LAN data rates||10,100,1000 Mbit/s|
Ports & interfaces
|USB 3.0 (3.1 Gen 1) Type-A ports quantity||2|
|S/PDIF out port|
|Combo headphone/mic port|
|CardBus PCMCIA slot type|
|Total number of SATA connectors||4|
|Number of SATA III connectors||4|
|Spill resistant keyboard|
|Operating system installed||Windows 7 Professional|
|Operating system architecture||64-bit|
|Recovery operating system||Windows 8.1 Pro|
Processor special features
|Intel® Wireless Display (Intel® WiDi)|
|Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT)|
|Intel Smart Connect Technology|
|Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT)|
|Intel® Rapid Start Technology|
|Intel® Smart Response Technology|
|Intel® Identity Protection Technology (Intel® IPT)|
|Intel® vPro™ Technology|
|Intel® Hyper Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology)|
|Intel® Turbo Boost Technology||2.0|
|Intel® Small Business Advantage (Intel® SBA)|
|Intel® Matrix Storage Technology (Intel® MST)|
|Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio)|
|Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT)|
|Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology|
|Intel® Clear Video HD Technology (Intel® CVT HD)|
|Intel Clear Video Technology|
|Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology|
|Intel® Quick Sync Video Technology|
|Intel Flex Memory Access|
|Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI)|
|Intel Trusted Execution Technology|
|Intel Enhanced Halt State|
|Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)|
|Intel Demand Based Switching|
|Intel® Secure Key|
|Intel® Clear Video Technology for Mobile Internet Devices (Intel CVT for MID)|
|Execute Disable Bit|
|Thermal Monitoring Technologies|
|Processor package size||40|
|Supported instruction sets||AVX 2.0|
|CPU configuration (max)||1|
|Embedded options available|
|Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)|
|Intel Smart Connect Technology version||1.00|
|Intel Identity Protection Technology version||1.00|
|Intel Secure Key Technology version||1.00|
|Intel TSX-NI version||0.00|
|Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x)|
|Intel Dual Display Capable Technology|
|Intel FDI Technology|
|Intel Rapid Storage Technology|
|Intel Fast Memory Access|
|Processor ARK ID||75459|
|Battery technology||Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)|
|Number of battery cells||6|
|Battery capacity (Watt hours)||60 Wh|
|AC adapter power||45 W|
|Cable lock slot|
|Trusted Platform Module (TPM)|
Weight & dimensions
|Quick start guide|
|AC adapter included|
This item has been on display or used for demonstration purposes only. It has been thoroughly checked by qualified engineers for any marks, scuffs or defects and has been certified to be in absolute mint condition.
The unit comes with all original packaging and accessories. The original box will have been opened and resealed but everything is otherwise exactly the same as a new package and the unit itself is immaculate.
Click on the Google Rating symbol below to read what our previous customers have to say about their experience with Ex Demo Hut
Mainland UK: We pay the delivery costs on all orders over £100 within mainland UK. Orders under £100.00 will incur a £7.95 delivery charge. Delivery within mainland UK is normally next working day from date of dispatch however larger or more fragile items may require special delivery arrangements and take slightly longer. We will contact you to arrange the most convenient delivery option in these cases.
Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland: Flat rate delivery fee of £12.95 for regular parcel orders over £100 to anywhere in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland. Larger or more fragile items may require special delivery arrangements and take slightly longer. We will contact you to arrange the most convenient delivery option in these cases.
France/Germany/Netherlands: Flat rate delivery fee of £16.95 for orders over £100. Larger or more fragile items may require special delivery arrangements and take slightly longer. We will contact you to arrange the most convenient delivery option in these cases.
Rest of Europe/America: Please contact us for a quote.
Alternative Address Delivery: We can ship your order to an alternative address to the invoice / billing address (pending security check clearance).
Shipping Information: Subject to stocks and cleared funds, all orders will be dispatched within 24 hours, normally same day if ordered before 11.30a.m.
Weekend / Bank Holidays: There are NO deliveries on Bank/Public Holidays. A Saturday delivery option is available on most orders but does incur an extra delivery charge, please contact us for details.